Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spring 2011 Couture: Givenchy

Three things:
1. Soon, I am hoping to turn this blog into a quasi-vintage store of sorts. I have so many items of clothing that I cherish but, for one reason or another, rarely wear. I think they deserve a good home!

2. I'm just going to start bringing a camera to school and have my friends take my outfit photos during the day. By the time I get home from play practice it is pitch black outside and I am much to lazy to set up a tripod.

3. IT'S COUTURE SEASON!!!!

I love Givenchy precisely because the overall effect is so very different from last season's gothy vibes. Everything is so freshly futuristic, and the melding of a million different themes (birds, traditional Japan, sheer sections, ancient armor-like detailing, and headpieces that look like roofing) is so seamless that the amalgamation of influences is barely perceptible; all you see is the overall effect. Ricardo Tisci's creations just serve as more proof that fashion truly is art.



The person who wears one of these gowns to the Oscars will earn my lifelong admiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.