Monday, March 14, 2011

Fall/Winter 2011: shod

I had such a wonderful experience with the Idyll store! Now, it's time to address the long-neglected Fall 2011 collections. There were so many beautiful details this season, but I want to start with my favorite shoes:

Alexander McQueen:
So crazy and sculptural - and somehow the heather grey and little loop make them just feminine enough for me to love them. (P.S. How long until these end up on Lady Gaga?)

Givenchy:
I love the dark pansy print, and the ankle-bangle strap is so lovely and delicate. Graphic floral prints are my addiction. These classically shaped shoes were the perfect anchors to this crazy collection, too!

Fendi:
It's like these were MADE for me. I literally can not picture a more perfect shoe for fall.

Comme des Garcons:
Saddle shoes meet clown shoes? So very cute and cheeky - the little bows on the toes are one of the surprisingly feminine details that make me love Comme so much. And the patent leather, which I usually detest, looks so very appropriate and Shirley Temple-esque here.

Chanel:
Standard Chanel, but I absolutely adore the shiny finish. The cap toe and Victorian buttons keep them ladylike and classic, but there's a dark, nearly destroyed quality about the material that make them more accessible and fun.

Burberry Prorsum:
Wouldn't these be incredibly fun to wear? I would fearlessly clop around the city in these.

Miu Miu:
I had to shamelessly rip this picture from geometricsleep, because the detail shots of this show aren't up on style.com yet. Glittery! Curvy!

Prada:
Snakeskin usually repulses me, but it feels so right here as an accent. The shape of the heel kills me - these would be incredible with black tights and drapey sweater dress.


I need these to further my efforts to dress like Madeline.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.