Saturday, January 23, 2010

"I'm stalking...I mean starving..."

I have never really gotten into the whole "style icon" business...there are men and women whose sartorial prowess I admire, of course, but I never get up in the morning and try to channel them. I dress the way I feel and wear the things I like, and I do NOT want to ever be characterized as a copycat or cheap imitation of someone else. There's a lot to be said for women like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, but when every girl and their mother is adoring them and trying to emulate them, the entire reason for their success - uniqueness - is completely undermined by overexposure. Of course I love Audrey and Marilyn as much as the next girl...but I'd rather use their legacy as a little bit of inspiration in the big collage of influences I've made in my mind over the years. That being said, I always love seeing creative, pretty people do their creative, pretty thing. Right now I'm sort of enthralled by Zooey Deschanel...ever since I saw 500 Days of Summer, she's been a constant inspiration to me. I love her name, I love her haircut, and I love her band!


They're responsible for one of the best Beatles covers I've ever heard, too:


Not like I'm obsessed or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.