Wednesday, January 27, 2010

like ivy, we grow where there is room for us.


Miranda July is currently my favorite artist.

I like her because of her multimedia work and whimsical, cheeky sense of design. One of my favorite visual art installations of hers is Eleven Heavy Things at the 2009 Venice Biennale (which you can see more of in "her eyes are a blue million miles", lovely video from Lula Magazine). I love the interactive nature of the exhibit:


She also makes films (including the Sundance-and-Cannes award winning film Me and You and Everyone We Know), and I especially love her short piece Are You the Favorite Person of Anybody?

Makes you think.

She even writes! I'm dying to get my hands on her book of short stories:


Even her websites are creative. See here and here for proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.