Tuesday, February 16, 2010

lemon meringue, puff pastry, Lula, and butterflies.

Even though I'm holed up in a condo in snowy Montana, exhausted from a day of powder skiing, I couldn't resist posting on Marc Jacobs' new collection. It features everything I love fashion; whimsy, humor, art, and just plain beauty. Some of my favorite looks:
I really don't support the fur and leather industry - they're a big part of why I'm a vegetarian - but that being said, some of the most beautiful looks in the collection feature both materials. I guess I'll just admire them from afar...the shape of this coat is so dramatic and beautiful!
The collar and the gloves make this cotton farm-y dress awkwardly chic. Which is my favorite kind of chic.
The middle button on this coat makes me so happy. Details!
SEXY. I hope someone like Tilda Swinton or Kate Winslet wears this to the Oscars.
This dress is just magical.
I would wear this every day. Great length, great color, and the pairing of the awkward shoes make it less saccharine.
Just beautiful. A new contender for the dress I will wear in the parallel universe where I get invited to the the Oscars.

The man, the legend:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.