Saturday, March 27, 2010

I saved Latin. What did you ever do?

I adore Wes Anderson. He is one of a handful of movie directors that I love unconditionally - artists that make (or have made) beautiful, intelligent, thought-provoking films that I rewatch over and over until I've memorized every line, yet can still discover new details and glean new meaning from at the next viewing. Among those that I hold in the highest esteem are Baz Luhrmann, Joe Wright, Sofia Coppola...and of course, Wes.

He is, as far as I can tell, a genius. This sketch depicting what a Wes Anderson Spiderman movie would be like makes me wish he would direct the real thing:

One of my favorite things to do when watching an Anderson film is to pause it at a random, inconsequential moment. Chances are, the image on the screen will be as meticulously composed as a still photograph. How could that sort of attention to detail not win you over?




It probably doesn't hurt that Jason Schwartzman is my #1 favorite person, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.