Monday, March 1, 2010

the stars eat your body.

Lately, I've been stuck in a rut. Style-wise, I mean. I've been feeling uninspired, bored, and I've slowly started to get into one of those phases where I hate all of my clothes...as shallow as it is, I just can't shake this feeling that I need to make a change. Maybe I just need to go shopping, or re-examine my priorities. Maybe I should stop being so selfish when there are people in Chile without food, water or shelter right now. But I do know that when I like the way I look, I feel better inside. I'm a firm believer in the look good/feel good connection, whether it's imparted by a cute dress or a new haircut, which brings me to the drastic measure I'm taking to inject some life back into my style: bangs (or fringe, as I prefer to think of them. Fringe is just a much nicer word). I have no idea if they will be the least bit flattering, but I haven't been able to get the image of a long, blunt, eyebrow-grazing fringe out of my mind. I've had the same approximate hairstyle for years now, and I'm hoping that with this change will come a new attitude, and a new capacity to appreciate the beautiful and wondrous nature of the world we live in. Maybe that's a little to much faith to entrust in a few quick scissor snips, but I'll try anything at this point!

Some inspiration for my future fringe(or, laughably high expectations for a hairstyle that I probably can't carry off):





Photos from The Stylish Wanderer, Helsinki Street Style, and Le Blog de Betty.
Donate to the Haitian and Chilean relief efforts HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.