Sunday, March 14, 2010

parce-que j'aime le sens de l'humour



The main reason why Sonia Rykiel remains one of my favorite labels to follow year after year has less to do with her designs (beautiful as they are) and more to do with her unique attitude towards the business of fashion. While other designers force their models to stay stony-faced and stoic as they showcase "serious" dresses, Sonia puts giant pompoms on their heads and encourages them to prance, skip, dance and twirl down the runway with a smile on their face! It makes me happy to know that even "important designers" can retain a sense of levity amidst all the melodramatic doom and gloom that seems to pervade the fashion world today. It comes back to what I always say when people question my interest in design: take it with a grain of salt. It's supposed to be pretty, and it's supposed to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.