I just LOVE a good holiday gift guide. Around this time of year, I comb retail websites for present-giving advice and then fantasize about being the kind of girl who winkingly gives Proenza Schouler wallets and Mongolian lambswool tippets to her bffs. Perhaps the day will come when that is actually feasible, but until then, here is my FANTASY HOLIDAY WISH LIST/GIFT GUIDE FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GIVE A PRESENT TO A DESIGN/ART OBSESSED (NEARLY EIGHTEEN-YEAR-OLD) GIRL:
1. THIS incredible J.Crew skirt, but in a magical looks-like-the-real-deal fake leather, in keeping with my veganism. It is perfect. PERFECT.
2. The dress Eliza wears to the Embassy Ball in My Fair Lady, so I can save it and wear it for my wedding. Obviously.
3. THOSE floral Docs. Because I still do not own them, and that is a cause for great distress. They are apparently unavailable for purchase anywhere in the whole universe because believe me, I've tried.
4. An original Miranda July. Ha.
5. A singing voice like Pricilla Ahn's.
6. A purple Proenza Schouler PS1. I'm not even a bag person. The PS1 is just flawless.
7. THIS ring.
8. For my fringe to look like Alix's (The Cherry Blossom Girl)
In reality, I'll probably be asking for donations to the Central Asia Institute and a book of Keats poetry for Christmas. But a girl can dream...