Friday, November 26, 2010

wicked

Pamela Love from The Milk Group on Vimeo.

I LOVE Pamela Love. I will admit that my clothing choices often fall closer to the cutesy, vintage side of the spectrum than the devil-may-care fashionista club kid side...but I love weird jewelry. What strikes me about this collection is the witchy, cult-y, strangely tribal vibe that runs through it (and by "tribal", I don't mean "vaguely ethnic" in the offensive way that adjective is often used today; rather, this jewelry makes me think that the girl who wears it is literally a paleolithic huntress who wears tiger skins and paints cave pictographs in her spare time). I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to wear pentagram bracelets and ribcage necklaces and intricate pieces of metal clamped to awkward parts of my arm...but I sure would like to be someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. I thrive on constructive criticism.